OMAHA, Neb. – After a brief home stand the Oral Roberts baseball team returns to the road for seven of their final 10 games starting Friday afternoon against the Omaha Mavericks.
Friday's first pitch is scheduled for 1 p.m. as Geoff Haxton will have the radio call on 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free online and on mobile devices at ORUAthletics.com.
|Oral Roberts at Omaha | May 1-3 | Omaha, Neb. | Boys Town Ballpark|
|Series Schedule||Coverage||Projected Starters|
|Game 1: Friday, May 1 - 1 p.m.||Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Guillermo Trujillo (6-3)
UNO- RHP Tyler Fox (4-3)
|Game 2: Saturday, May 2- 1 p.m.||Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Xavier Altamirano (5-2)
UNO - RHP Zach Williamsen (6-5)
|Game 3: Sunday, May 3 - 1 p.m.||Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Bryce Howe (2-1)
UNO - TBA
|Social: Twitter | Instagram // Game Notes: ORU | Omaha|
OUT OF THE BOX
• The Golden Eagles head to Omaha for the first time after losing a Summit League series for the first time since 2010. ORU swept Omaha the final weekend of March in the middle of a nine-game winning streak. ORU has currently won 19 of their last 23 games and rank 50th in the D1Baseball.com RPI.
• Offensively, the Golden Eagles continue to appear among the national leaders ranking third in batting average at .318 and eighth in on base percentage at .405. ORU also ranks 16th in hits (464) and 20th in doubles with 93 and average 7.1 runs per game, 15th best in NCAA Division I baseball. The Golden Eagles have also outscored their opponents 300-181 and 199-83 during the last 23 games.
• The ORU pitching staff has also been among the nation's best and leads the Summit League in ERA at3.25 35th, strikeout-to-walk ratio at 2.92 ranking 22nd and walks allowed per nine innings at 2.69 ranking 29th.
• Individual offensive production has been plentiful from the top of the lineup as Anthony Sequeira ranks 49th in NCAA Division with 42 RBI. Sequeira also leads the Summit League with seven home runs. Audie Afenir leads the team with a .352 batting average which ranks third in the Summit League and 166th in NCAA (Kevin Kaczmarski-Evansville at .455 leads the nation).
• Freshman lead-off Matt Whatley is nearing ORU freshman single-season marks as his 39 runs pass current assistant coach Ryan Neill ('97) and is five away from fifth place Jose Trevino's mark in 2012. He is also sixth in hits with 53 and seven shy of Mike Shambaugh ('84) and Mike Batsole ('84) in fifth. His 14 stolen bases rank fourth on the freshman single-season list and is four away from Steve Hecht ('84) rookie record
• Whatley also ranks with the national leaders in runs at 88th and batting average at .351 ranking 179th. His on base percentage of .448 leads the team and is third best in the Summit League and 127th nationally. he ranks 14th in batting average among freshman and sixth in hits. His .448 on base percentage is 11th among freshman nationally as well
UP NEXT FOR ORU
ORU continues its road swing as they head to IPFW for a three-game series starting Friday at Fort Wayne, Ind.