WICHITA, Kan. – The 2015 Summit League Champion Oral Roberts baseball team heads to Wichita State Tuesday for their final midweek contest of the regular season at Eck Stadium.
Tuesday's first pitch against the Shockers is set for 6:30 p.m. with video available through Shocker Vision at GoSchockers.com. The game will also be televised in Tulsa on Cox Channel 3 and 1333. Geoff Haxton will have the radio call on 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free online and on mobile devices at ORUAthletics.com.
|Oral Roberts at Wichita State | May 12 | 6:30 p.m. | Wichita, Kan. | Eck Stadium|
|Series Schedule||Coverage||Projected Starters|
|Game 1: Tuesday, May 12 - 6:30 p.m.||Watch | Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Tyler Buss (2-0)
WSU - LHP Sam Hilliard (1-3)
|Social: Twitter | Instagram // Game Notes: ORU | Wichita State // TV: Cox 3/1333|
OUT OF THE BOX
• Oral Roberts claimed its 15th Summit League Regular Season Championship over the weekend with a sweep of IPFW. ORU takes a five game lead over South Dakota State into the final week of Summit League action. The Golden Eagles clinch the No. 1 seed in the Summit League Tournament for the 15th time since 1998.
• During the seven game win streak, three Golden Eagles are hitting above .400, led by Chase Stafford (.476) and followed by Matt Whatley (.433) and Rolando Martinez (.400). Whatley leads the group with five doubles, two triples, a home run and 12 RBI with a .833 slugging percentage. Stafford carries a .667 slugging percentage and .607 on base percentage during the streak only striking out once in 21 at bats.
• ORU has been one of the best road teams in the nation going 18-5 away from J.L Johnson this season with the sixth best road win percentage. The 18 wins are also the most wins the country with Illinois' 17 victories coming in second from the nation's hottest team.
• In the last 35 games the Golden Eagles have won 29 with eight players all hitting above .300 during that stretch. Chase Stafford is hitting .389 and followed by Matt Whatley at .378 and Derrian James hitting at a .361 clip. Both James and Whatley have hit five home runs in that stretch.
• ORU continued its hot hitting with a pair of run rule wins while still holding the nation's second highest batting average at .324. Morehead State leads the country hitting at a .335 clip. ORU has also climbed to third in on base percentage at .413 behind Morehead State (.419) and Nevada (.415).
• The Golden Eagles have scored in bunches this season outscoring opponents 362-206. ORU is averaging 7.5 runs per game, 12th best in the nation and have scored in double digits 16 times this season.
• ORU and Wichita State have met 61 times since 1982 with the Shockers holding a 33-28 lead in the all-time series. The teams split the season series last year with the home team winning each game as it was also the first win against WSU under Ryan Folmar who is 1-4 against the Shockers.
UP NEXT FOR ORU
ORU returns home for its final series of the regular season to host Western Illinois. The Golden Eagles have already locked up the No. 1 seed in the Summit League Tournament and regular season championship as they will be going for the season sweep of the Leathernecks. The three game series begins with a 6:30 p.m. first pitch Thursday and continues Friday night before a 2 p.m. start in the finale on Saturday.