ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts outfielder Noah Cummings was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week while Omaha starter Corey Binger garnered the league's Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of May 9-15.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
NOAH CUMMINGS, ORAL ROBERTS
So. // OF // Alpine, Calif.
- Earned his first career Player of the Week award
- Led Oral Roberts to a sweep against South Dakota State in Brookings
- Went a perfect 4-for-4 in the series finale with two RBI and two runs scored on a double and homer
- Added a pair of hits each in the first two games with two more runs in game two's victory
- Batted .615 (8-for-13) on the week with a .667 on-base percentage and .923 slugging percentage
- Totaled four RBI and four runs in three games with a double, home run and stolen base
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
COREY BINGER, OMAHA
So. // RHP // Victoria, Minn.
- Captured his second Pitcher of the Week honor this season and of his career
- Went the distance in Omaha's eight-inning victory at Western Illinois Sunday
- Allowed just three hits (all singles) in the shutout win with five strikeouts and no walks
- Upped his win total to seven (7-3) on the year and earned his second complete game
For the latest information on ORU baseball, follow @ORUBaseball on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.