Cummings accounted for 15 runs, while McGregor tosses a complete game
ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts outfielder Noah Cummings was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while his teammate starting pitcher Justin McGregor garnered the Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of April 10-16.
NOAH CUMMINGS, ORAL ROBERTS
Jr. // OF // Alpine, Calif.
- Earned his second Player of the Week honor this season
- Led Oral Roberts to a one-run win over No. 10 Oklahoma in a mid-week contest, driving-in the eventual game-winning runs on a double in the fourth inning
- Went 2-for-4, including his league-leading ninth home run, with four RBI and a stolen base in game one win at Omaha
- Followed that with three hits (double) and five RBI in game two victory
- For the week, batted .438 (7-for-16) with a .750 slugging percentage and .471 on-base percentage with 11 RBI, four runs, two doubles, a homer, one walk and one stolen base
- With his 11 RBI, jumped 46 spots in the national rankings to 16th in RBI with 43 on the year
Also nominated: Jacob Dickson, Fort Wayne; JT Core, North Dakota State; Nick Smith, South Dakota State; Deion Thompson, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 20 – Mason Pierzchalski, NDSU; Feb. 27 – Noah Cummings, ORU; March 6 – Ben Petersen, NDSU/Matt Whatley, ORU; March 13 – Dylan Snypes, ORU; March 20 – Newt Johnson, SDSU; March 27 – Grant Suponchick, UNO; April 3 – Chris Tschida, WIU; April 10 – Mitch Ellis, WIU
JUSTIN MCGREGOR, ORAL ROBERTS
Jr. // RHP // Midwest City, Okla.
- Collected his second Pitcher of the Week award this season
- Tossed a seven-inning complete game in Oral Roberts' 12-1 win at Omaha Saturday
- Allowed just six baserunners (3 hits, 3 walks) in his seven innings pitched
- Recorded six strikeouts to earn his league-best sixth win of the year (6-0)
- Lowered his league-leading ERA to 1.68 with the win
Also nominated: Jordan Martin, Fort Wayne; Reed Pfannenstein, North Dakota State; Bryce Hanson, South Dakota State; Ian Koch, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 20 – Ryan Froom, SDSU; Feb. 27 – Miguel Ausua, ORU; March 6 – Justin McGregor, ORU; March 13 – Josh McMinn, ORU/Luke Lind, NDSU; March 20 – Ryan Froom, SDSU; March 27 – Sam Murphy, UNO; April 3 – Corey Binger, UNO; April 10 – Ethan Kenkel, SDSU
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.
For the latest information on ORU Baseball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.