ELMHURST, Ill. – After narrowly missing a no-hitter, Oral Roberts starting pitcher Miguel Ausua earned Summit League Baseball Pitcher of the Week award for his performance April 9-15.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Miguel Ausua, Oral Roberts
Sr. // LHP // Penuelas, Puerto Rico
- Earned his third career Pitcher of the Week honor and first this season
- Was one pitch away from tossing a seven-inning no hitter in Oral Roberts' 11-1 (8 innings) win over Fort Wayne
- Recorded six strikeouts, a 1.29 ERA and surrendered one hit (double) and three walks
- Leads The Summit League with five wins this season
Also nominated: Cal Hehnke, Omaha; Alex Marro, South Dakota State
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Justin McGregor, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; March 5 – Payton Kinney, Omaha; March 12 – Kyler Stout, Oral Roberts; March 19 – Spencer Koelewyn, Omaha/Ryan Dunne, Western Illinois; March 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; April 2 – Shane Odzark, Fort Wayne; April 9 – Blake Stockert, North Dakota State
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Josh Falk, South Dakota State
So. // 1B // Minnetonka, Minn.
- Captured his first career Player of the Week award
- Went 7-for-10 (.700) in a two-game series sweep of North Dakota State
- Tallied three hits with two RBI and two runs scored in game one
- Added a career-high four hits in game two, while belting a go-ahead two-run homer in the sixth inning
- For the week, had four RBI, four runs scored and two home runs with a .700 on-base percentage and 1.300 slugging percentage (2.000 OPS)
- Currently riding a six-game hit streak and leads the Jackrabbits with 10 multi-hit games on the year
Also nominated: Thomas DeBonville, Omaha; Nick Rotola, Oral Roberts
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Spencer Henson, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Logan Busch, North Dakota State; March 5 – Mason Pierzchalski, North Dakota State; March 12 – Riley Keizor, Oral Roberts; March 19 – Braden Rogers, Omaha; March 26 – Thomas DeBonville, Omaha; April 2 – Noah Cummings, Oral Roberts; April 9 – Phil Velez, South Dakota State
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.
For the latest information on ORU Baseball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.