ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts starter Josh McMinn was named The Summit League's Pitcher of the Week, while South Dakota State designated hitter Anthony Schneider earned the Player of the Week award for their performances May 7-13.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Josh McMinn, Oral Roberts
Jr. // RHP // Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Earned his third career Pitcher of the Week award and second this season
- Tossed his first complete game and the first by an Oral Roberts hurler this season
- Allowed just four hits and one earned run with a career-high nine strikeouts across nine innings in Friday's 7-1 win over Omaha
Also nominated: Chase Phelps, Fort Wayne; Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; Andrew Brighton, Omaha; Jack Carberry, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Justin McGregor, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; March 5 – Payton Kinney, Omaha; March 12 – Kyler Stout, Oral Roberts; March 19 – Spencer Koelewyn, Omaha/Ryan Dunne, Western Illinois; March 26 – Riley Johnson, North Dakota State; April 2 – Shane Odzark, Fort Wayne; April 9 – Blake Stockert, North Dakota State; April 16 – Miguel Ausua, Oral Roberts; April 23 – Cal Hehnke, Omaha; April 30 – Miguel Ausua, Oral Roberts; May 7 – Kyler Stout, Oral Roberts
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Anthony Schneider, South Dakota State
Sr. // DH // Altoona, Iowa
- Picked up his first career Player of the Week honor
- Batted .579 (11-for-19) with a 1.053 slugging percentage and .609 on-base percentage for the week
- Totaled nine RBI, five runs, five extra base hits (3 doubles, 2 home runs) with three walks and a pair of steals
- Has now reached safely in 22 consecutive games while raising his batting average 48 points in four games
- Recorded a career-high seven RBI in a win over Western Illinois with a solo and three-run homer, along with a three-run double
- Posted a career-best five hits (5-for-5) with two doubles in the series finale against the Fighting Leathernecks
- Added two hits in the series opener and one in a mid-week contest at Wichita State
Also nominated: Brady Hettinger, Fort Wayne; Carter Thompson, North Dakota State; Ben Palensky, Omaha; Nick Rotola, Oral Roberts; Steve McShane, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 19 – Spencer Henson, Oral Roberts; Feb. 26 – Logan Busch, North Dakota State; March 5 – Mason Pierzchalski, North Dakota State; March 12 – Riley Keizor, Oral Roberts; March 19 – Braden Rogers, Omaha; March 26 – Thomas DeBonville, Omaha; April 2 – Noah Cummings, Oral Roberts; April 9 – Phil Velez, South Dakota State; April 16 – Josh Falk, South Dakota State; April 23 – Mike Snyder, Fort Wayne/Nick Roark, Oral Roberts; April 30 – Carter Thompson, North Dakota State; May 7 – Tony Kjolsing, South Dakota State/Alex Dorethy, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions along with over 90 Academic All-Americans, nearly 100 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.
For the latest information on ORU Baseball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.