Score: ORU 80 – San Lazaro 75
Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic – After dropping the first game of the tour, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team responded and won three games in three days, topping San Lazaro 80-75 Sunday morning.
The Golden Eagles got off to a hot start with a 28-14 lead after 10 minutes, including a 17-4 score halfway through the first quarter. After falling behind in the third quarter, ORU out-scored San Lazaro 20-12 in the final frame.
DaQuan Jeffries got it done all game with game-highs in points (19) and rebounds (13). Javan White continued his hot streak as well with 17 points and nine rebounds. With 12 points on Sunday, Albert Owens finished the four-games with a team-best 15.3 points per game average, while White averaged a double-double with 13.5 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
Day One (Sightseeing) Photo Album
Game One Recap
Game One Photo Album
Day Two (Elementary School/Orphanage) Photo Album
Game Two Recap
Game Two Photo Album
Game Three Recap
Game Three Photo Album
Game Four Photo Album
ORU scored the first eight points of the fourth quarter and never trailed again.
Oral Roberts: ORU got 19 points from DaQuan Jeffries, 17 from Javan White and 16 from Kris Martin. Jeffries notched the double-double with 13 rebounds, including seven offensive boards.
San Lazaro: Oscar Cabrera led San Lazaro with 17 points, while Kevin Mercedez added 14 points.
Inside the Box Score
- Kris Martin hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the first quarter buzzer to put ORU up 28-14.
- San Lazaro came out hot in the second quarter, scoring the first 12 points of the frame to get back within two, 27-25.
- It was a last-second shot at the end of the half that put ORU back in front after a brief San Lazaro lead. This time, it was Aaron Young with the jumper to put the Golden Eagles up 40-39.
- A four-point play for San Lazaro in the third quarter gave the home team its largest lead of the game at four.
- At the end of the third quarter, it was San Lazaro with the last-second shot as they drove down and got a layup to fall as time expired, giving San Lazaro a 63-60 lead.
- With one quarter to play on the tour, the Golden Eagles came out hot in the fourth, scoring the first eight points, including fast-break dunks by Albert Owens and Javan White.
- ORU dominated the boards once again, out-rebounding San Lazaro 41-19.
- ORU shot its best percentage of the trip, connecting on 31-57 (54 percent) of its shots.
- San Lazaro shot 28-55 (51 percent) and hit seven 3-pointers in the game.
Sunday was the final competition for the ORU men's basketball team and the group will enjoy a couple of days of sightseeing before returning to Tulsa.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.