Score: ORU 82 – RSU 74
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Tied 65-65 with less than six minutes to go, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team used a 15-4 run down the stretch to top Rogers State in exhibition play Monday night at the Mabee Center.
The ORU offense was efficient all night hitting 52 percent (27-52) of their shots, including 56 percent (9-16) from 3-point range. Jalen Bradley and Obi Emegano led the Golden Eagles with 17 points apiece, while DaQuan Jeffries and Aaron Anderson each scored 12.
Rogers State got 25 points from J.C. Hartzler and 12 points from Jeylyn Sharpe, while Robert Johnson grabbed 10 of the Hillcats' 40 rebounds.
DaQuan Jeffries' second 3-pointer of the game came with 1:40 to go and capped a 15-4 run that put the game out of reach for the Golden Eagles.
Quote of the Game
"It wasn't pretty. I'm actually surprised at the way we played. We have been practicing a lot better than we showed tonight. I give a lot of credit to Rogers State, their kids were tough and they battled." – Coach Scott Sutton
Oral Roberts: Obi Emegano and Jalen Bradley each had 17 points. DaQuan Jeffries led the rebounding effort with seven boards, while Bradley and Aaron Anderson each had four assists.
Rogers State: J.C. Hartzler had a game-high 25 points, while Robert Johnson led all players with 10 rebounds.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU was out-rebounded 40-29, including 17 offensive rebounds for the Hillcats.
- Emegano struggled from the field (3-12) but the rest of the team combined to shoot 60 percent from the field from the game. Emegano made up for it at the free throw line where he was 9-10.
- Bradley filled up the stat sheet, leading or tying for the team lead in points (17), assists (4), field goals (7), 3-pointers (3) and steals (3).
- As they have done in recent years, the Golden Eagles got to the free throw line more than their opponent, taking 26 free throws to RSU's 16.
- ORU is now 27-0 in exhibition games dating back to the 2002-03 season.
ORU finishes the preseason with an exhibition against Central Oklahoma at the Mabee Center on Saturday, November 7 at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.