Oral Roberts (5-11, 1-0) vs. Fort Wayne (11-6, 0-0)
Date/Time: Thursday, January 4, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: None / ORU Sports Network
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – The second of three home games to start Summit League play, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will host Fort Wayne Thursday night.
Thursday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. and will be streamed for free on the ORU Sports Network at ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU mobile app. Radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
• ORU holds a 10-8 lead in the all-time series, but has dropped five straight contests against the Mastodons. ORU's last win came at the Mabee Center on January 17, 2015 when ORU used a late 7-0 run to win 62-58.
• The Golden Eagles are 1-0 to start conference play for the first time since the 2013-14 season, which was also the last time ORU opened league play at home.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• According to the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings, ORU played the seventh toughest non-conference schedule in the country. In addition to three teams ranked in the top 15 of the mid-major poll, ORU closed the first semester nonconference schedule with two teams receiving votes in the AP poll.
• After passing the 1,000 point mark for his career, Albert Owens is now trying to become the next member of the 1,000-point, 500-rebound club. Owens currently has 1,146 career points and 470 career rebounds. 15 other players have reached both benchmarks during their ORU careers. Korey Billbury (2012-15) was the most recent to do so.
• Entering the 2017-18 season, senior center Albert Owens was picked as a preseason first team All-Summit League selection while sophomore forward Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned preseason second team honors. Additionally, Blue Ribbon Sports tabbed sophomore guard Sam Kearns as The Summit League's Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).