Oral Roberts (7-15) – East Texas Baptist (14-3)
Date/Time: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: None / ORU Sports Network
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – Halfway through the Summit League schedule, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will take a week off from league play as the Golden Eagles host a pair of nonconference opponents, beginning with a contest against East Texas Baptist Tuesday night.
Tuesday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the Mabee Center and will be streamed for free through the ORU Sports Network at ORUAthletics.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. East Texas Baptist
Opponent Game Notes: vs. East Texas Baptist
Summit League Notes: Week 11
Live Stats: vs. East Texas Baptist
TV / Live Video: None / ORU Sports Network
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• ORU and ETBU will meet for the first time in the regular season.
• The Tigers have won 11 of their last 12 games and are coming off a 108-87 win on the road at Belhaven. Robby Dooley leads the Tigers in scoring at 17.2 points per game, while Jordan Gosey is the leading rebounder with 7.2 boards per game.
• Senior Albert Owens was one of 30 selected as a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. ORU WBB player Faith Ihim was also selected as a candidate, making ORU and Duke the only two schools with a nominee for both the men's and women's award.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• After passing the 1,000 point mark for his career, Albert Owens is now trying to become the next member of the 1,000-point, 500-rebound club. Owens currently has 1,200 career points and 495 career rebounds. 15 other players have reached both benchmarks during their ORU careers. Korey Billbury (2012-15) was the most recent to do so.
• According to the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings, ORU played the seventh toughest non-conference schedule in the country. In addition to three teams ranked in the top 15 of the mid-major poll, ORU closed the first semester nonconference schedule with two teams receiving votes in the AP poll.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).