Oral Roberts (9-15, 3-4) at Fort Wayne (14-10, 3-4)
Date/Time: Thursday, February 1, 2018 / 7 p.m. (ET)
TV/Video: None / Mastodon All-Access ($)
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Fort Wayne, Ind. / Memorial Coliseum
TULSA, Okla. – After a two game break from Summit League play, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will begin the second half of the league slate Thursday as the Golden Eagles travel to Fort Wayne.
Thursday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. (ET) from Memorial Coliseum, and will be streamed for a small fee through GoMastodons.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at Fort Wayne
Opponent Game Notes: at Fort Wayne
Summit League Notes: Week 13
Live Stats: at Fort Wayne
TV / Live Video: None / Mastodon All-Access ($)
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• ORU leads the all-time series against Fort Wayne 11-8, having won the first meeting this season 76-60 at the Mabee Center.
• Fort Wayne has used the same starting five in 23 of their 24 games this year and are led by Bryson Scott, who averages a league-leading 22.8 points per game. Jon Konchar is averaging 8.2 rebounds per game, third in the Summit League and just behind ORU's Javan White (8.8 rebounds per game).
• It took until his 39th career game for Jontray Harris to record his first double-double and now the junior has done it in back-to-back games. Along with a career high in assists (5 vs. ETBU) and a career high in scoring (21 vs. NCC), Harris grabbed a career high 12 rebounds in both games last week, averaging 15.5 points and 12 rebounds per game for the week.
• Against Nebraska Christian, Kellen Manek set new career highs in points (11) and rebounds (eight), making nine free throws in the game. Spencer Sutton also had a career scoring effort with 14 points, including three 3-pointers.
• Kellen Manek's nine made free throws against NCC tied him with Emmanuel Nzkewesi for the most made free throws in a game this season. Nzekwesi was 9-10 at North Dakota State (1/3/18).
• ORU became one of just nine teams this year to have three players record a double-double in the same game as Albert Owens (22/ 13), Emmanuel Nzekwesi (12/11) and Jontray Harris (10/12) did so against East Texas Baptist. It is the first time on record that ORU has had three double-doubles in the same game.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• Senior Albert Owens was one of 30 selected as a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. ORU WBB player Faith Ihim was also selected as a candidate, making ORU and Duke the only two schools with a nominee for both the men's and women's award.
• According to the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings, ORU played the seventh toughest non-conference schedule in the country. In addition to three teams ranked in the top 15 of the mid-major poll, ORU closed the first semester nonconference schedule with two teams receiving votes in the AP poll.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).