Oral Roberts (4-10) vs. Tulsa (9-3)
Date/Time: Saturday, December 22, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: None / ORUAthletics.com
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will host the University of Tulsa, Saturday evening at the Mabee Center, as the crosstown rivals face off for the Mayor's Cup trophy.
Saturday's game will tip off from the Mabee Center at 7 p.m. with a free video stream available at ORUAthletics.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. Tulsa
Opponent Game Notes: vs. Tulsa
Summit League Notes: Week 7
Live Stats: vs. Tulsa
TV / Live Video: ORUAthletics.com
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• Tulsa has won four games in a row entering Saturday's contest, which will be just the second road game of the season for the Golden Hurricane.
• DaQuan Jeffries leads TU at 13.4 points per game, and 5.9 rebounds per game, with Martins Igbanu close behind at 12.5 points and 5.8 rebounds per contest.
• ORU is 19-34 all-time against Tulsa with the series dating back to the 1974 season. Tulsa has won the last two meetings after ORU won the three meetings before that. ORU is 12-16 at home in the series.
• ORU has held teams to 36 points or fewer in the first half of each of the last three games and a total of eight times this season. 20 is the lowest total given up in the first half, doing so in an eventual overtime win over James Madison.
• ORU is 11th in the nation in total rebounds with 505, and 34th in the nation in total assists with 191. Kaelen Malone is 47th in the nation in total assists (62).
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi is 22nd in the nation in total field goals made (86), and 35th in total rebounds (104). With 17 points against Wichita State, Nzekwesi has scored more than 15 points in six of the last seven games, averaging 16.6 points per game during that time.
• The Golden Eagles have hit at least five 3-pointers in every game this season, including seven or more in seven of the last nine games.
• With his third rebound of the game against FGCU (a put-back dunk), Emmanuel Nzekwesi reached the 500 career rebound mark. He is currently averaging 6.9 rebounds per game for his career. Nzekwesi is 95 points away from becoming the 17th player in ORU history to reach 1,000 points and 500 rebounds.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).