Oral Roberts (6-11, 2-0) vs. Western Illinois (6-9, 1-1)
Date/Time: Saturday, January 5, 2019 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: None / ORUAthletics.com
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – One of two Summit League teams unbeaten in league play, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will try to keep its unblemished record intact and start league play 3-0 for the second year in a row as the Golden Eagles host Western Illinois Saturday evening.
Saturday's game will tip off from the Mabee Center at 7 p.m. and will be streamed exclusively at ORUAthletics.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. Western Illinois
Opponent Game Notes: vs. Western Illinois
Summit League Notes: Week 9
Live Stats: vs. Western Illinois
TV / Live Video: None / ORUAthletics.com
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• Sophomore Kobe Webster leads WIU at 18.1 points per game, while Isaac Johnson (11.8) and C.J. Duff (10.4) are also averaging double figures. As a team, the Leathernecks are averaging 73.1 points per game, but have scored 80+ in four of their six wins.
• Inside, the Leathernecks feature The Summit League's best shot blocker in 7-footer Brandon Gilbeck, who is averaging 3.7 blocks per game. Second place in the league is a three-way-tie at 1.1 blocks per game.
• ORU is 32-10 all-time against Western Illinois and 16-3 at home versus the Leathernecks. The two teams split the series last year with each team winning at home.
• ORU has held teams to 36 points or fewer in the first half in five of the last six games and a total of 10 times this season. 20 is the lowest total given up in the first half, doing so in an eventual overtime win over James Madison.
• ORU is 11th in the nation in total rebounds with 606 and 33rd in the nation in total assists with 234. DeShang Weaver vaulted up to 61st in the nation in 3-pointers made with 40 after his seven triples (7-for-10) against Omaha.
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi is 14th in the nation in total field goals made (115), 29th in total rebounds (132) and 45th in field goal percentage at 57.8 percent. With back-to-back career highs to start Summit League play, including his first 30-point scoring effort, Nzekwesi has scored at least 15 points in eight of the last 10 games, averaging 18.7 points per game during that time.
• Kevin Obanor has been impressive in his rookie season with the Golden Eagles, scoring in double figures in seven games. Obanor earned his first double-double of the season with 14 points and 13 rebounds in ORU's overtime win over James Madison and scored a career high with 23 points against North Dakota.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).