Oral Roberts (7-12, 3-1) – South Dakota State (13-6, 3-1)
Date/Time: Saturday, January 12, 2019 / 4:15 p.m.
TV/Video: MidcoSN / ESPN3
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Brookings, S.D. / Frost Arena
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will remain on the road, Saturday, as the Golden Eagles travel to South Dakota State for a Summit League contest.
Saturday's game will tip off from Frost Arena at 4:15 p.m. immediately following the ORU vs. SDSU women's basketball game, and will be televised on MidcoSN and available worldwide on ESPN3. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at South Dakota State
Opponent Game Notes: at South Dakota State
Summit League Notes: Week 10
Live Stats: at South Dakota State
TV / Live Video: MidcoSN / ESPN3
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• South Dakota State is led by two-time Summit League Player of the Year Mike Daum, who is averaging 23 points and 10.5 rebounds per game this season. Sophomore David Jenkins is not far behind in the scoring category at 19.8 points per contest.
• SDSU is averaging 85.1 points per game and shooting 50 percent from the field and 42 percent from 3-point range this season.
• ORU is 9-12 all-time against the Jackrabbits, with SDSU holding a 9-1 record since 2012. ORU's most recent win was a 94-88 win at home January 12, 2017.
• ORU has held teams to 36 points or fewer in the first half in six of the last eight games and a total of 11 times this season. 20 is the lowest total given up in the first half, doing so in an eventual overtime win over James Madison.
• With a 20/12 game against Purdue Fort Wayne, that included 18 points and 11 rebounds in the first half, Emmanuel Nzekewsi topped the 1,000 point mark for his career and became the 17th player in ORU history to reach 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds.
• ORU is sixth in the nation in total rebounds with 686 and 34th in the nation in total assists with 262. Nzekwesi is 14th in the nation in total field goals made (127), 24th in total rebounds (154) and 33rd in double-doubles with six.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).