Oral Roberts (8-15, 4-4) vs. South Dakota State (17-6, 7-1)
Date/Time: Thursday, January 31, 2019 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: KGEB TV53/CoxHD / ESPN+
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – In the middle of a four-game home stand, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will host South Dakota State Thursday evening.
Thursday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the Mabee Center and will be televised on KGEB TV53/CoxHD and streamed around the world on ESPN+. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. South Dakota State
Opponent Game Notes: vs. South Dakota State
Summit League Notes: Week 13
Live Stats: vs. South Dakota State
TV / Live Video: KGEB TV53/CoxHD / ESPN+
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• Senior Mike Daum, the reigning Summit League Player of the Year, is averaging 24.8 points and 11.3 rebounds per game to lead SDSU, while David Jenkins is scoring 19.8 points per game and Skyler Flatten chips in 15.3 points per contest. Daum is currently leading the nation in defensive rebounds per game (9.13) and total points (571).
• In the first meeting between the two teams, that trio accounted for 67 of the team's 84 points and 20 of the team's 32 rebounds.
• Including the first contest this year, ORU is 9-13 all-time against South Dakota State, but 6-3 at home. All but one of the 22 games have come since the 2007-08 season when South Dakota State joined The Summit League.
• ORU is 21st in the nation in total rebounds with 835 and 73rd in the nation in total 3-pointers made (182).
• Even with missing the last two games, Nzekwesi is 48th in the nation in total double-doubles with seven and is 56th in total rebounds with 176.
• After giving up just 27 points in the first half against NDSU, ORU has held teams to 36 points or fewer in the first half in nine of the last 12 games and a total of 14 times this season. 20 is the lowest total given up in the first half, doing so in an eventual overtime win over James Madison.
• In ORU's win over South Dakota January 17, it was the freshmen who stole the show in a 77-74 win. Kevin Obanor (31 points) and DeShang Weaver (24 points) each set career highs and became the highest scoring freshman duo in ORU history. Adding in 14 points Carlos Jürgens and three from Lācis and the freshman class scored 72 of the team's 77 points.
• With a 20/12 game against Purdue Fort Wayne, that included 18 points and 11 rebounds in the first half, Emmanuel Nzekewsi topped the 1,000 point mark for his career and became the 17th player in ORU history to reach 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).