Oral Roberts (9-17, 5-6) at South Dakota (9-14, 3-7)
Date/Time: Sunday, February 10, 2019 / 1 p.m.
TV/Video: MidcoSN / ESPN3
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Vermillion, S.D. / Sanford Coyote Sports Center
TULSA, Okla. – After four straight at home, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will start a four-game road stretch, beginning Sunday as the Golden Eagles travel to South Dakota.
Sunday's game will be televised by MidcoSN and available on ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at South Dakota
Opponent Game Notes: at South Dakota
Summit League Notes: Week 14
Live Stats: at South Dakota
TV / Live Video: MidcoSN / ESPN3
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• South Dakota's leading scorer at 14.4 points per game, Stanley Umude has been on a tear in Summit League play, averaging 19.4 points in league play, including six 20 point games and one 32 point game.
• ORU won the first meeting between the two teams, 77-74 at the Mabee Center. Kevin Obanor scored 31 points, DeShang Weaver added 24 and Carlos Jürgens scored 14 as the ORU freshmen accounted for 72 of the team's 77 points. Umude had 21 for the Coyotes and Tyler Peterson scored 20 points with 12 rebounds.
• With the win earlier in the season, ORU snapped a three-game losing skid to USD and took a 7-6 lead in the all-time series against the Coyotes.
• After giving up just 22 points in the first half against Denver, ORU has held teams to 36 points or fewer in the first half in 10 of the last 15 games and a total of 15 times this season. 20 is the lowest total given up in the first half, doing so in an eventual overtime win over James Madison.
• ORU is 21st in the nation in total rebounds with 940 and 43rd in the nation in total 3-pointers made (217).
• DeShang Weaver is 41st nationally in 3-point percentage (42 percent) and 59th in total 3-pointers made (66).
• Last time out, ORU topped Denver 78-65, despite being without the services of Emmanuel Nzekwesi, who missed his third game in the last five. Nzekwesi is ORU's top scorer and rebounder this season.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).