TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team has announced that Texas high school standout Max Abmas has signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Golden Eagles for the 2019-20 season.
Max Abmas // 6-0 // 160 // Rockwall, Texas // Dallas Jesuit HS
- Co-District MVP as a senior and two time all-district selection
- Co-Offensive Player of the Year as a junior
- All-Area and All-Region as a senior
- Scored more than 1,000 points for his prep career
- Academic All-District and earned a spot on the honor roll every semester, including straight As in four of seven semesters
- Member of the National Honor Society
- Son of Erika Abmas and Troy Abmas
Coach Mills on Abmas
"Max is one of the best scorers in the state of Texas and is an excellent leader. His many accolades this year, while leading Dallas Jesuit to a district championship and regional quarter finals in the playoffs, is a tribute to his hard work. He's an excellent student, has tremendous character, and is blessed with a wonderful and supportive family. Max has all the characteristics we look for in a player: talent and high character. Our staff is excited to coach Max and I'm confident he will contribute to winning here at ORU.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).
--- #GoldenStandard ---