Event: Colin Montgomerie Invitational / Hosted by Houston Baptist
ORU Team Scores/Place: 300-287—586 / T5
Location: Traditions of Cypresswood Golf Club / Spring, Texas
SPRING, Texas – Sitting in the middle of the pack the majority of the day, the Oral Roberts men's golf team got birdies on 17 and 18 from both Trevor Torgerson and Blake Brorman and the Golden Eagles jumped into a tie for 5th after two rounds at the Colin Montgomerie Invitational Monday. Houston leads the way at 563 (287-276) and has a nine shot lead on the rest of the field.
News & Notes
- ORU's 287 in round two matched the second-best round of the year for the Golden Eagles. ORU also shot 287 in the first tournament of the year and shot 286 in the final round of the Zach Johnson Invite.
- Three of the five Golden Eagles were under par in the second round.
- Brorman put together easily his best round with a second-round 70 and is tied for the team lead. Brorman's previous best round was a 76 in the Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate.
- Josh Montgomery is seeing his first action as a Golden Eagle.
- Freshman Will Starkey carded his second round under par. Both have come in the last two tournaments.
T11 – Blake Brorman – 75-70—145
T11 – Cody Burrows – 70-75—145
T20 – Trevor Torgerson – 75-71—146
T42 – Will Starkey – 80-71—151
80 – Josh Montgomery – 90-79—169
Complete Team Results
1-Houston - B Team-287-276-563
T11-St. Thomas - TX-296-312-608
The Golden Eagles will tee off for the third and final round Tuesday morning and will be paired with Weber State and Nicholls State.
For the latest information on ORU golf, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.