Event: 2016 Bob Sitton Invitational / Hosted by ORU and Stephen F. Austin
ORU Team Scores/Place: 292 / 3rd
Location: TPC Four Seasons / Dallas, Texas
DALLAS, Texas – The Oral Roberts men's golf team is in the hunt against a solid 17-team field at the 2016 Bob Sitton Invitational, having posted an opening round 292 to finish the day in third. Long Beach State fired a 285 to lead the team race at TPC Four Seasons, the course that is home to the PGA Tour's Byron Nelson Tournament.
Stephen F Austin's Angelo Leyvani and LBSU's Daniel Chian are tied for the individual lead at 67.
News & Notes
- Blake Brorman continued his solid play. The reigning Summit League Golfer of the Week led the way with an even par 71 in the opening round finishing tied for fourth overall.
- ORU has three golfers inside the top 15 and four Golden Eagles shot 75 or better.
- Playing as an individual this week, Austin McCulloch is seeing his first action for the Golden Eagles.
- Ollie Penn returned to the ORU lineup Tuesday. Penn is playing his second tournament of the year, but the first since the first tournament of the year, the UNO Invitational September 14-15.
- Trevor Torgerson and McCulloch are tied for the lead in the field in par 5 scoring with a 4.00 average on the day. Torgerson helped his cause with one of six eagles on Tuesday.
Complete Team Results
1-Long Beach State-285
2-Stephen F. Austin-287
T10-North Dakota State-304
T12 - Lamar-306
Round two of the 2016 Bob Sitton Invitational will tee off at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
For the latest information on ORU golf, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.