Event: Summit League Championship
Location: Sand Creek Station Golf Course / Newton, Kan.
Full Results: Summit League – Day 1
NEWTON, Kan. – The Oral Roberts men's golf team was unfazed by weather that canceled the practice round and condensed the three day tournament to two, as the Golden Eagles used a fantastic second round to open a six shot lead with 18 holes to play at the Summit League Championship.
ORU (297-289—586) is six shots ahead of North Dakota State (298-294—592) and matched South Dakota for the best round of the day (289).
News and Notes
- Freshman Jack Howes is currently tied for second overall, one shot back of the individual lead.
- ORU's streak of rounds under 300 stretched to 12 with two solid rounds Monday.
- All five ORU golfers are currently in the top 25 of the individual standings, with three of the five sitting tied for fifth or better.
- Howes is in a four-way tie for the lead in par 3 scoring (2.88, -1), while Cody Burrows is in a tie for the lead in par 5 scoring (4.88, -1).
- Howes and Mike Biata are tied with individual leader Grant Smith from South Dakota State for the most birdies so far with seven each.
1 – ORU - 297-289—586
2 – North Dakota State – 298-294—592
3 – South Dakota State – 293-300—593
4 – South Dakota – 308-289—597
5 – Denver – 305-296—601
6 – IUPUI – 300-302—602
7 – Fort Wayne – 304-302—606
8 – Western Illinois – 307-302—609
9 – Omaha – 313-301—614
ORU will be paired with North Dakota State and South Dakota State for the final round, teeing off between 9:40 and 10:20 a.m. Live results can be found at GolfStat.com.
For the latest information on ORU men's golf, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.
--- #SoarAbove ---