Event: Summit League Championship
Location: Sand Creek Station Golf Course / Newton, Kan.
Full Results: Summit League – Final
NEWTON, Kan. – The Oral Roberts men's golf team had a solid final round, but could not hold off the charge from South Dakota State as the Golden Eagles finished runners-up at 879 (297-289-293). SDSU claimed the team title by two shots at 877 (293-300-284).
Sophomore Cody Burrows, who has earned All-Summit League First Team honors each of his first two years at ORU, finished third individually, earning All-Tournament honors for the first time.
News and Notes
- ORU's runner-up finish was the highest team finish of the season, and the 879 was the best 54-hole score of the year.
- The 2nd place finish was ORU's second runner-up finish in the last three years at the Summit League Championship after also doing so in 2015.
- Cody Burrows shot 69 to finish third overall. It was his second highest finish of the season and the highest since Scott Newell was the runner-up in 2015.
- ORU finished the season with 12 straight rounds under 300, after breaking that mark just seven times in the first 15 rounds of the year.
- The starting five for ORU in the championship was made up of three freshmen and two sophomores.
Zach Schroeder, FW
Nick Bienz, IUPUI
Cody Burrows, ORU
Cody Seal, USD
Alejandro Restrepo, SDSU
Grant Smith, SDSU (Championship MVP)
Drew Eaton, WIU
1 – South Dakota State – 293-300-284—877
2 – ORU – 297-289-293—879
3 – South Dakota – 308-289-284—881
4 – IUPUI – 300-302—281
5 – North Dakota State – 298-294-292—884
6 – Denver – 305-296-287—888
7 – Fort Wayne – 304-302-285—891
8 – Western Illinois – 307-302-289—898
9 – Omaha – 313-301-289—903
For the latest information on ORU men's golf, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.
--- #SoarAbove ---