Score: Omaha 0 - Oral Roberts 0
Records: UNO (4-3-2, 1-0-1), ORU (4-3-2, 0-1-1)
Location: Case Soccer Complex - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. - Oral Roberts University and Omaha battled for 110 minutes on Saturday at the Case Soccer Complex, but were unable to determine a winner as the Summit League match ended in a scoreless draw.
Both teams picked up one point in the Summit League standings as ORU moved to 4-3-2 overall and 0-1-1 in league play, while UNO has an identical overall record and is 1-0-1 in the league.
The Golden Eagles had an excellent opportunity to take a lead as the final seconds ticked off the clock in regulation, but a shot by Johnny Chavez went off the right post.
Inside the Box Score
- Ben LaCourse (4-3-2) earned his second shutout of the season, pulling in five saves, three of which came during the overtime periods.
- Javier Reyes, Alex White and Corey Cantor each had a shot on goal for the Golden Eagles.
- Gerardo Salas led ORU with four shots, followed by Arturo Rodriquez with three shots.
- ORU outshot UNO, 16-12.
- Logan Mendez took two shots on goal to lead the Mavs.
- Joseph Ghitis (2-2-1) earned three saves in his second shutout of the season for UNO.
News and Notes
- UNO moved into a tie for first with Denver following Saturday's action, while ORU sits in fifth place.
- Six cards were shown in the match, including a red card that sent off an assistant coach for UNO.
- ORU is 2-0-2 in overtime matches this season.
ORU returns to action on Tuesday in Springfield, Missouri, as the Golden Eagles step away from Summit League play for a non-conference showdown against Missouri State. The Golden Eagles opened the regular season on September 1 with a 1-0 double-overtime win over the Bears. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
|Box Score, ORU vs. Omaha, 10-4-14|