Score: Oral Roberts 2 - Central Arkansas 4
Records: ORU (5-7-2), UCA (3-11-1)
Location: Bill Stephens Track/Soccer Complex - Conway, Ark.
CONWAY, Ark. - The Oral Roberts University men's soccer team was unable to come back from a 3-0 deficit on Tuesday as the Golden Eagles dropped a non-league match 4-2 at Central Arkansas.
ORU fell to 5-7-2 overall on the season, while UCA snapped a 10-match losing streak with the win, improving to 3-11-1.
The Bears started the scoring in the 30th minute as Pepe San Roman blasted a shot from 35 yards out to go up 1-0. Six minutes later, Colton Jackson made it a 2-0 game.
After the Bears extended their lead to 3-0 on a goal by Logan Miller in the 58th minute, the Golden Eagles answered in the 64th minute. Johnny Chavez broke through the UCA backline and scored from 15 yards out to cut the lead to 3-1.
Miller netted his second goal in the 79th minute to add to the UCA lead. In the 84th minute, Chavez found Edgardo Mira in front of the net to put the Golden Eagles within two goals, 4-2.
One minute after entering the match, Pepe San Roman scored the first of four UCA goals in the 30th minute of play.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU outshot UCA 18-13, including eight shots on goal.
- Zari Prescod led ORU with two shots on target.
- Javier Reyes, Johnny Chavez, Edgardo Mira, Gerardo Salas, Alex White and Perry Brooks each had one goal opportunity.
- Chavez netted his sixth goal of the season, while Mira found the back of the net for the first time.
- Ben LaCourse (5-7-2) picked up five saves in the loss.
- Logan Miller led UCA with two goals on four shots.
- Harrison Veith (3-10-1) earned the win, recording six saves.
News and Notes
- ORU has dropped six straight matches on the road, moving it's recorded away from the Case Soccer Complex this season to 1-6-1.
The Golden Eagles look to snap their road skid on Saturday as they travel to Western Illinois for a Summit League match. The Leathernecks currently sit atop the league standings.
|Box Score, ORU at Central Arkansas 10-28-14|