Score: Central Arkansas 0 - Oral Roberts 3
Records: UCA (3-13-1), ORU (7-7-2)
Location: Athletics Stadium - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. - After a change of venue due to field conditions at the Case Soccer Complex, the Oral Roberts University men's soccer team dominated Central Arkansas in a 3-0 win at Athletics Stadium in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
ORU improved its record to 7-7-2 on the season with the victory, while UCA's season came to an end with a 3-13-1 overall mark.
ORU controlled possession throughout the match, taking six shots on target in the first half. The Golden Eagles broke through in the 57th minute as Isaac Fraley netted a shot off a rebound to take a 1-0 lead.
In the 64th minute, Perry Brooks extended the Golden Eagle lead to 2-0 on an unassisted goal. Brooks dribbled into the box from the right side of the pitch and scored on a strike from 10 yards out.
Johnny Chavez, who played for the Tulsa Athletics at Athletics Stadium the past two seasons, scored his eighth goal of the season to go up 3-0 in the 72nd minute.
Isaac Fraley broke a scoreless tie in the 57th minute after collecting a rebound following a shot by Matthew Rogers.
Inside the Box Score
- Johnny Chavez took the Summit League lead with his eighth goal of the season.
- Isaac Fraley and Perry Brooks each scored their first career ORU goal.
- Alex White recorded his sixth assist of the season, and Matthew Rogers added his fourth.
- Ben LaCourse (7-7-2) picked up two saves in his second shutout in as many matches.
- Logan Miller took the only two UCA shots on goal.
- Taran Meyer (0-2-0) took the loss with three saves.
News and Notes
- ORU has scored nine goals in the past four matches, more than any other Summit League member.
ORU wraps up its regular season on Saturday at home as the Golden Eagles are set to take on Eastern Illinois. Senior Night festivities will take place following the match at the Case Soccer Complex.
|Box Score, ORU vs. Central Arkansas 11-4-14|