Score: Oral Roberts 0 - Central Arkansas 0 (2OT)
Records: ORU (4-4-2) - UCA (1-9-1)
Location: Bill Stephens Soccer Complex - Conway, Ark.
CONWAY, Ark. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer earned a 0-0 draw against Central Arkansas Tuesday night at the Bill Stephens Soccer Complex. ORU moves to 4-4-2 in the regular season while still at the top of The Summit League at 2-0-0.
In a match that featured a combined 43 shot attempts, neither team's offense was able to find the back of the net after 110 minutes of action.
"We played well in possession and created some good opportunities but just couldn't finish," said head coach Ryan Bush. "We definitely were the better team tonight but you have to finish your opportunities on the road whenever they come."
"Credit UCA they were organized well coached and bent but didn't break and it was good enough for them to get a result."
The hero against the Golden Eagles 3-2 double overtime victory over Western Illinois last match, Tarik Salkicic, played 70 minutes off the bench and helped ORU to several chances.
"Tarik (Salkicic) was fantastic tonight in possession. He stepped on the field and controlled the match the entire time he was on the field," Bush added.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU battled back from a first half in which the squad had just one shot on target of the team's five shot attempts. The Golden Eagles broke out for 14 shots in the second half to put pressure on the UCA defense.
- Davis Chimento came off the bench and led ORU (4-4-2) with five shots at goal. Matt Rogers and Edgardo Mira each went for three shots.
- Freshman Hunter Harrison made his second consecutive start in goal for ORU, playing the entire 110 minutes and making eight saves on the night for the clean sheet.
- ORU was called for 18 fouls while the Bears were issued 16 fouls.
- The Golden Eagles move to 3-1-2 in overtime matches this season and 1-3-2 on the road.
The Golden Eagles return to the Case Soccer Complex this weekend when they play host to No. 8 Denver in a Summit League matchup. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m.
For more information and updates about ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.