Score: Omaha 2 - Oral Roberts 1
Records: UNO (8-4-2, 2-2-1 SL) - ORU (4-6-2, 2-2-0 SL)
Location: Caniglia Field - Tulsa, Okla.
OMAHA, Neb. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team could not overcome an early deficit Saturday afternoon as the Golden Eagles fell to Omaha, 2-1, at Caniglia Field.
The Golden Eagles (4-6-2, 2-2-0 SL) started things off with a bang in the first half as senior Matthew Rogers drilled his sixth goal of the season off a cross from Juan Diego Padilla for the lead 13 minutes into play.
Omaha wasted little time as they scored the equalizer two minutes later off the head of Logan Mendez who jockeyed his way into position on the free kick.
The Mavericks (8-4-2, 2-2-1 SL) would score the game-winner in the 20th minute of action after ORU was called for a foul inside the box. UNO's Emir Alihodzic converted the penalty kick for his first goal of the season.
The ORU offense was limited in the first half, only attempting one shot, which was the lone ORU goal of the match. Omaha would attempt seven first half shots.
Inside the Box Score
- Omaha outshot ORU 9-7 on the day. ORU made six second-half attempts while holding the Mavs to just two.
- Padilla was the lone Golden Eagle to attempt multiple shots in the match as he finished with a pair of shots.
- Ben LaCourse finished the match with one save in 90 minutes of play in net.
- As a team, ORU was called for 14 fouls in the match and four yellow cards. All four yellow cards came in the second half of play.
- Thirteen ORU players played more than 40 minutes in the match.
The Golden Eagles will return home for three-straight matches beginning Tuesday as they play host to Central Arkansas as the Case Soccer Complex. First touch is scheduled for 7 p.m.
For more information and updates about ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.