Score: Oral Roberts 4 – IPFW 1
Records: ORU (6-6-2, 3-2-0 SL) – IPFW (5-10-0, 2-3-0 SL)
Location: Case Soccer Complex - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Senior midfielder Edgardo Mira powered the Oral Roberts men's soccer team to its second consecutive victory Saturday night at the Case Soccer Complex as the Golden Eagles defeated IPFW, 4-1, in a decisive Summit League match.
Mira, a San Salvador, El Salvador native, scored the team's first hat trick since the 2007 season as he cemented himself in the ORU record book. He wasted no time as he pushed ORU ahead just three minutes into play with a beautiful finish in front of the net set up Tarik Salkicic.
ORU had the Mastodon defense on its heels throughout the night as the Golden Eagles kept putting pressure on goalkeeper Jorge Trujillo. Mira struck for his second goal in the 14th minute of play after finishing a ball from 10-yards out on the left side.
Salkicic converted a penalty kick to push the ORU lead to 3-0 in the 36th minute but Fort Wayne would get on the board with a foul called inside the box with only three seconds remaining in the first half.
Mira would get his hat trick in the second half, just six minutes in after he was setup by a cross from Isaac Fraley and finished in front of the net.
Inside the Box Score
- The Golden Eagles outshot Fort Wayne, 20-14 on the night.
- Mira scored the first hat trick for ORU since 2007 and is atop the single game goals list after his performance.
- Salkicic assisted on two goals on the night while finishing a PK for four points on the night. Fraley assisted on his third goal of the season.
- Senior Ben LaCourse made a season high 10 saves on the night while improving to 5-5-1 on the season in net.
- ORU has outscored its opponent 10-4 in its last two matches.
- Five players attempted multiple shots on the day, led by Mira with four shots.
- Nine cautions were issued in the match, including a red card to IPFW's Jacob Murphy in the 36th minute.
The Golden Eagles will host Missouri State Sunday in nonconference action beginning at 6 p.m. at the Case Soccer Complex. Following the match, seniors Kaspars Kokis, Edgardo Mira, Juan Diego Padilla, Arturo Rodriguez, Tarik Salkicic, Isaac Sandoval and Alex White will be honored.
For more information and updates about ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.