Score: Oral Roberts 2 – IUPUI 2 (2 OT)
Records: ORU (6-6-4, 3-2-1 SL) – IUPUI (1-9-7, 1-2-3 SL)
Location: Carroll Stadium – Indianapolis, Ind.
INDIANAPOLIS – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team played to a 2-2 draw against IUPUI Saturday in the team's final match of the regular season.
The Golden Eagles scored two goals in the opening half, but the Jags were able to score two of their own on Senior Day, including the equalizer in the 84th minute.
ORU scored in rapid succession in the first half, getting the opening goal at the 13:51 mark before scoring again just 59-seconds later.
A minute later, Isaac Fraley crossed a ball into the box to a lunging Rogers who was able to head the ball into the back of the net from 6-yards out.
The Golden Eagles held IUPUI attack in check for the better part of the match, allowing only half the Jags' 16 shots on target. Ben Thorton would put the home team on the scoreboard two minutes into the second period when he headed in a ball from in front of the net.
IUPUI's Clint Hoffar would drill a ball from 18-yards out in the 84th minute to tie the match at two apiece. It marked his sixth goal of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- IUPUI outshot ORU 16-12 on the day.
- Leading the charge for the Golden Eagles in the shot category was Rogers, who finished the match with four attempts.
- Mira finished with three shots and Arturo Rodriguez and Alex Harris took two.
- IUPUI was called for 18 fouls compared to the Golden Eagles 12. Each team was issued a yellow card.
- Ben LaCourse finished the match with six saves in 110 minutes in net.
The Golden Eagles have clinched a spot in The Summit League Postseason Championship and will travel to Denver Nov. 12 with seeding yet to be determined.
For more information and updates about ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.