Score: Fort Wayne 3 – Oral Roberts 1
Records: FWU (6-4) – ORU (4-5-1)
Location: Hefner Soccer Complex - Fort Wayne, Ind.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The ORU men's soccer team lost its first league match of the season at Fort Wayne 3-1 Saturday evening.
Fort Wayne's Oscar Uyamadu scored the first goal of the match putting the Mastodons up 1-0 10 yards out at the 27 minute mark. He was assisted by Will Hunt
ORU trailed the Mastodons at halftime 1-0. Fort Wayne's Jacob Murphy scored the team's second goal at the 52 minute off of a break away from Oscar Uyamadu.
The Mastodons added another goal to the match when Jacob Murphy scored his second goal of the game assisted by Edel Ensaldo-Bustos that put Fort Wayne up 3-1.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot Fort Wayne 15-14 in the match. The Golden Eagles had three shots on goal.
- Parker Johnson played the entire game and recorded six saves on the night.
- A physical game between the two teams allowed 22 fouls.
- Santiago Riveros had six shots with two on goal and recorded one assist for the Golden Eagles.
- Alex Harris, Cameron Mortazavi and Matthew Rogers each took one shot throughout the match.
- Junior Chavez took six shots with one on goal and scored one goal in the game.
- The Golden Eagles took two corner kicks throughout the game.
The Golden Eagles will be back in action on Tuesday, October 4 as they take on Central Arkansas at the Case Soccer Complex. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.