Score: Oral Roberts 2 – IUPUI 0
Records: ORU (6-6-1) – IUPUI (1-12)
Location: Case Soccer Complex – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team beat league opponent IUPUI 2-0 Saturday evening at the Case Soccer Complex.
Tyler Hill scored the first goal for the Golden Eagles at the 14 minute mark off of a cross from Corey Cantor from the left side to the middle that put ORU up 1-0. Cantor was credited with the assist.
The Golden Eagles added to their lead in the second half at the 86 minute mark when Corey Cantor received a pass from Santiago Riveros to the right side and scored putting ORU ahead 2-0. Riveros was credited with an assist and it was his seventh assist of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot IUPUI 19-8 in the match. The Golden Eagles had seven shots on goal.
- Thibaut Giquel played all 90 minutes in tonight's contest and recorded four saves.
- A physical game between the two teams allowed 30 fouls and two yellow cards.
- Santiago Riveros recorded three shots, one on shot goal and one assist. It was his seventh assist of the season.
- Tyler Hill took four shots, three shots on goal and scored one goal. It was his second goal of the season.
- Corey Cantor recorded two shots with one on goal and scored his second goal of the season. He was also awarded an assist on the night.
- Javier Reyes, Junior Chavez and Baptiste Vandeputte each recorded one shot on the night.
- Matthew Rogers took three shots with one shot on goal.
- Colton Haskin recorded four shots with one shot on goal.
The Golden Eagles will play again on Tuesday, October 18 as they take on cross-town rival Tulsa. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.