Score: Missouri State 2 – Oral Roberts 1
Records: MSU (8-5-2) – ORU (6-8-2)
Location: Case Soccer Complex – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team played a tough match Tuesday evening at the Case Soccer Complex, but came up short to Missouri State in overtime 2-1.
ORU's Matthew Rogers put a point on the board for the Golden Eagles at the 11 minute mark when he scored off of a penalty kick. It was his fourth goal of the season.
The Bears tied the game 1-1 at the 22 minute mark when Jack Griffin scored from 25 yards out.
The game went in to overtime and Missouri State's Jake Buckle scored the golden goal for the bears with a little more than two minutes remaining in the second overtime period. An assist was credited to Nick Burtenshaw and Missouri State won the match with a 2-1 final score.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU was out-shot by Missouri State 20-8 in the match. The Golden Eagles took three shots on goal.
- Thibaut Giquel played all 110 minutes in tonight's contest and recorded seven saves.
- A physical game between the two teams allowed 22 fouls and two yellow cards.
- Matthew Rogers took two shots with one being on goal and scored the only goal for the Golden Eagles in the match.
- Tyler Hill and Isaac Fraley each took one shot on goal in the match.
- Nick Evans took two shots throughout the game.
- Alex Harris and Corey Cantor each took one shot in tonight's contest.
- The Golden Eagles took three corner kicks throughout the game.
The ORU men's soccer team will play again on Sunday, October 30 as they travel to play at Buffalo. The match is set to begin at 10 a.m. CST.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.