TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team will host crosstown rival Tulsa in the team's second and final exhibition match of the season on Saturday, August 19 at the Case Soccer Complex. First touch is set for 7 p.m.
- Last season, ORU finished the year 6-10-2 and was 2-4 in The Summit League.
- The Golden Eagles faced Rogers State in the team's first exhibition match of the season and defeated the Hillcats, 4-0. Senior midfielder Corey Cantor scored three goals for ORU and freshman Whitney Gonsalves scored one.
- ORU returns Summit League Second Team All-League member Santiago Riveros. Riveros recorded six goals for the Golden Eagles last season and made eight assists. He led the Summit League in assists and at one time during the season was tied for seventh nationally in assists.
- Also returning from last year's team is All-Newcomer selections Thibaut Giquel and Tyler LaCourse. Giquel played in 10 games as goalkeeper last season and recorded 32 saves. He had a 1.99 goals against average with a 2-5-1 record. LaCourse saw action in 16 games as a freshman defender.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is back for his fifth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. After four seasons, Bush has a 27-33-12 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles return 14 players and add 17 newcomers to the 2017 squad.
- Last season, the Golden Hurricane finished the season 10-5-5 overall and 4-2-1 in the American Athletic Conference.
- The Golden Hurricane won the American Athletic Conference Championship and advanced to the NCAA Championship, but fell to Creighton in the first round.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.