TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team will have a weekend home-stand beginning Friday, August 25 against the University of Incarnate Word. First touch is set for 7 p.m.at the Case Soccer Complex.
- Last season, ORU finished the year 6-10-2 and was 2-4 in The Summit League.
- ORU went 1-1 in exhibition play by defeating Rogers State in the team's first exhibition match, 4-0. The Golden Eagles then fell to the University of Tulsa in the final exhibition match, 2-1.
- ORU returns Summit League Second Team All-League member Santiago Riveros. Riveros recorded six goals for the Golden Eagles last season and made eight assists. He led the Summit League in assists and at one time during the season was tied for seventh nationally in assists.
- Also returning from last year's team is All-Newcomer selections Thibaut Giquel and Tyler LaCourse. Giquel played in 10 games as goalkeeper last season and recorded 32 saves. He had a 1.99 goals against average with a 2-5-1 record. LaCourse saw action in 16 games as a freshman defender.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is back for his fifth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. After four seasons, Bush has a 27-33-12 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles return 14 players and add 17 newcomers to the 2017 squad.
- Last season, the Golden Eagles defeated Incarnate Word 2-0 on August 26th, but fell to the Cardinals 5-2 on September 9th.
- ORU is 4-3-1 all-time against Incarnate Word
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.