TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team will host the No. 25 Wisconsin Badgers from the Big 10 Conference on Sunday, August 27 at 7 p.m. inside the Case Soccer Complex.
- The Golden Eagles defeated Incarnate Word 1-0 in the season opener Friday evening.
- This will be the first ever meeting between Oral Roberts and Wisconsin.
- ORU returns Summit League Second Team All-League member Santiago Riveros. Riveros recorded six goals for the Golden Eagles last season and made eight assists. He led the Summit League in assists and at one time during the season was tied for seventh nationally in assists.
- Also returning from last year's team is All-Newcomer selections Thibaut Giquel and Tyler LaCourse. Giquel played in 10 games as goalkeeper last season and recorded 32 saves. He had a 1.99 goals against average with a 2-5-1 record. LaCourse saw action in 16 games as a freshman defender.
- The Golden Eagles defeated Big 10 Conference opponent Michigan State 2-0 last season in Dallas, Texas.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles return 14 players and add 17 newcomers to the 2017 squad.
- This will be the first time since 2007 that the Golden Eagles will have hosted a Power Five Conference team.
- Last season, Wisconsin went 11-4-4 overall and 4-2-2 in the Big 10 Conference.
- The Badgers tied the University of Tulsa 2-2 Friday evening in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.