Score: Oral Roberts 1 – Wisconsin 1
Record: ORU (1-0-1) – Wisconsin (0-0-2)
Location: Case Soccer Complex (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team and No. 25 Wisconsin battled to a 1-1 draw Sunday evening at the Case Soccer Complex.
Wisconsin came out of the gate aggressive and the Badgers scored their lone goal of the game early in the 13th minute. Mike Catalano gathered a pass from the right side by Mark Segbers and connected with the back of the net from the middle of the goalie box. Segbers was credited with the assist.
The Golden Eagles tied the game in the second half when senior midfielder, Santiago Riveros, scored his first goal of the season on a penalty kick in the 77th minute.
The game went in to double overtime and ended in a 1-1 tie. With 10 seconds remaining in the second overtime period, Junior Chavez had a chance to seal it for the Golden Eagles, but his shot was blocked by the Badger defense out-of-bounds.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot Wisconsin 17-11 in the match. The Golden Eagles had eight shots on goal.
- Thibaut Giquel played all 110 minutes for ORU and recorded one save.
- Santiago Riveros took five shots in tonight's game with two being on goal. He scored his first goal of the season and the lone goal for ORU in tonight's match.
- In his season debut, Junior Chavez took four shots in the game with two being on goal.
- Between the two teams there were 34 fouls. Wisconsin had two shots on goal and seven saves. There were seven yellow cards given in tonight's game. Six yellow cards were on Wisconsin while one was given to ORU.
- The Golden Eagles had eight players play more than 100 minutes in the match.
ORU will take on another Big 10 Conference opponent on Friday, September 1 at 7 p.m. when Rutgers University visits the Case Soccer Complex.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.