Score: Oral Roberts 0 – Central Arkansas 3
Record: ORU (5-3-1) – UCA (4-3-1)
Location: Case Soccer Complex (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team fell to the Central Arkansas Bears, 3-0, Tuesday evening at the Case Soccer Complex.
Central Arkansas scored the lone first half goal and took a 1-0 lead in the 33rd minute of play. Soren Jensen scored the goal from 10 yards out in the top right corner of the net off of a pass from the right side from Moiad Ankir and Kasper Andersen.
In the second half, the Bears made it a 2-0 game in the 56th minute of play. Alberto Suarez connected with the back of the net from six yards out off of a free kick from Jake Bates that was taken by Christian Ilia then passed to Suarez for the goal.
Moiad Ankir made it a 3-0 advantage for Central Arkansas in the 71st minute when he took the ball on the right side through defenders and in to the box from eight yards out.
Inside the Box Score
- Central Arkansas out-shot ORU 22-2 in the match. The Golden Eagles had one shot on goal, while the Bears had nine.
- Miles Motakef played all 90 minutes in tonight's match and recorded six saves. Motakef's record moves to 5-3-1 on the season. He is second in the Summit League in saves with 47 for the season.
- Dante Brigida recorded one shot on goal.
- Tanguy Guerineau took one shot in tonight's match.
- There were 14 fouls called in tonight's contest.
- ORU took one corner kick in the match while Central Arkansas had three.
The Golden Eagles will compete in their first Summit League match of the season at Western Illinois Saturday, September 29 at 12 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.