TULSA, Okla. – The ORU men's soccer team will travel to the west coast for its first road test of the season Friday, September 6 against Loyola Marymount at 9 p.m. CST.
- The Golden Eagles are 2-0 on the season after wins against Drake (4-1) and Kansas City (2-1) at home.
- Reed Berry and Miles Motakef were named the first Summit League Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week for their efforts to open the 2019 campaign.
- Last season, ORU finished the year 6-7-3 and went 0-3-2 in The Summit League.
- ORU returns four All-Summit League Team members. Senior forward Tanguy Guerineau was named to the 2018 First Team and All-Newcomer team. Sophomore goalkeeper Miles Motakef earned a spot on the All-Newcomer team. Junior Dante Brigida was honored on the Second Team along with senior Junior Chavez. Chavez was named 2019 Preseason Player to Watch.
- The Golden Eagles were picked fourth in the Summit League Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is back for his seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. After five seasons, Bush has a 39-51-16 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles return 16 players and add 21 newcomers to the 2019 squad.
- ORU opens week two of the season ranked No. 6 in the West Region according to the United Soccer Coaches poll.
- Loyola Marymount finished the 2018 season 6-12 overall and 3-4 in the West Coast Conference.
- The Lions fell 2-1 in the season opener at home against No. 16 Virginia Tech.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.