TULSA, Okla. – The ORU men's soccer team will play game two of the weekend against the Valparaiso Crusaders Sunday, September 15 at 7 p.m. inside the Case Soccer Complex.
- The Golden Eagles knocked off Houston Baptist, 4-1, in their last match Friday evening.
- For the second straight week, ORU swept Summit League weekly awards. Dante Brigida and Miles Motakef were named Summit League Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week for their efforts in week two.
- Brigida currently leads the Summit League in goals scored with five and points with 10 Motakef leads the league in goals against (2), save percentage (.875) and goals-against average (0.67). Tanguy Guerineau leads the league in assists with three.
- ORU is currently ranked sixth in the West Region of the United Soccer Coaches Poll.
- Last season, ORU finished the year 6-7-3 and went 0-3-2 in The Summit League.
- ORU returns four All-Summit League Team members. Senior forward Tanguy Guerineau was named to the 2018 First Team and All-Newcomer team. Sophomore goalkeeper Miles Motakef earned a spot on the All-Newcomer team. Junior Dante Brigida was honored on the Second Team along with senior Junior Chavez. Chavez was named 2019 Preseason Player to Watch.
- The Golden Eagles were picked fourth in the Summit League Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is back for his seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. After five seasons, Bush has a 41-52-16 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles return 16 players and add 21 newcomers to the 2019 squad.
- Valparaiso is 1-2-1 after losing its previous two games, at UIC (5-1) and at No. 16 SMU (6-0).
- Last season, ORU defeated Valparaiso on the road, 4-1.
- The Crusaders were picked to finish sixth in the Missouri Valley Conference.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.