TULSA, Okla. – The ORU men's soccer team will host the Incarnate Word Cardinals Monday, September 23 at 7 p.m. inside the Case Soccer Complex.
ORU (RV) - 6-1-0
Incarnate Word - 3-2-0
- The Golden Eagles won their fourth-straight game with a 4-3 overtime victory against SIUE, September 21.
- Three-time Summit League Defensive Player of the Week, goalkeeper Miles Motakef, leads the league in save percentage (.778), goals against (6) and goals-against average (1.13).
- Dante Brigida leads the Summit League in goals scored with seven and points with 14. Reed Berry is just behind Brigida with 13 points on the season. Tanguy Guerineau leads the league in assists with six.
- ORU is received votes in the Top 25 and is currently ranked fifth in the West Region according to the United Soccer Coaches poll.
- Last season, ORU finished the year 6-7-3 and went 0-3-2 in The Summit League.
- ORU returns four All-Summit League Team members. Senior forward Tanguy Guerineau was named to the 2018 First Team and All-Newcomer team. Sophomore goalkeeper Miles Motakef earned a spot on the All-Newcomer team. Junior Dante Brigida was honored on the Second Team along with senior Junior Chavez. Chavez was named 2019 Preseason Player to Watch.
- The Golden Eagles were picked fourth in the Summit League Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is back for his seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. After five seasons, Bush has a 43-52-16 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles returned 16 players and added 21 newcomers to the 2019 squad.
- Incarnate Word is 3-2-0 after suffering a 4-0 loss to Tulsa, September 20.
- Last season, ORU defeated UIW, 3-0, in San Antonio, Texas.
- The Cardinals were picked to finish 12th in the Western Athletic Conference.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.