TULSA, Okla. – The No. 20 ORU men's soccer team closes out the 2019 regular season with a matchup against Western Illinois Saturday, November 9 at 7 p.m. at the Case Soccer Complex. The winner will claim the No. 1 seed in the Summit League tournament.
No. 20 ORU - 13-2-0, 4-0-0 Summit League
Western Illinois – 4-12-1, 3-1-0 Summit League
- The Golden Eagles claimed the 2019 Summit League regular season championship after a 3-0 win last Saturday at Omaha.
- ORU ranks in the top 10 in the following categories according NCAA statistics:
- Assists per game (3rd)
- Penalty Kicks (1st)
- Points per game (4th)
- Scoring offense (5th)
- Shots on Goal per game (9th)
- Total Assists (4th)
- Total Goals (5th)
- Total Points (5th)
- Win-Lost-Tied Percentage (9th)
- Five-time Summit League Defensive Player of the Week, goalkeeper Miles Motakef, leads the league in save percentage (.760) and in goals-against average (0.90). Motakef is second in goals against (12)
- Reed Berry is leads the Summit League in goals scored with 11 and points with 27. Berry is also second in assists with five. Berry ranks 14th in the nation in goals per game.
- Tanguy Guerineau was named Summit League men's athlete of the month for the month of October. Guerineau leads the league in assists with 12. Guerineau leads the nation in total assists and assists per game.
- Dante Brigida is second in the Summit League in goals with 10 and is second in points with 22. He ranks 5th in the nation in game-winning goals and 19th in goals per game.
- ORU was tabbed at the No. 20 ranked team according to the United Soccer Coaches Poll.
- The Golden Eagles were picked fourth in the Summit League Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is in his seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. Bush has a 50-53-16 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles returned 16 players and added 21 newcomers to the 2019 squad.
- Western Illinois is 4-12-1 on the season and 3-1-0 in Summit League play. The Leathernecks fell at Bradley, 2-1, on November 4.
- The Golden Eagles are 9-16-3 all-time against the Leathernecks.
- Last season, the Golden Eagles tied in double overtime to WIU, 1-1. ORU hasn't defeated Western Illinois since the 2015 season.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.