TULSA, Okla. – The No. 2 seed ORU men's soccer team takes on the No. 3 seed Denver Pioneers Thursday, November 14 at 5 p.m. CST in the semifinal round of The Summit League Championship presented by U.S. Air Force Special Warefare in Denver, Colorado.
RV- ORU - 13-3-0, 4-1-0 Summit League
Denver – 4-11-3, 2-2-1 Summit League
- The Golden Eagles claimed a share of the 2019 Summit League regular season championship, but earned the No. 2 seed in the Summit League Championship.
- ORU ranks in the top 10 in the following categories according NCAA statistics:
- Assists per game (3rd)
- Penalty Kicks (1st)
- Points per game (4th)
- Scoring offense (6th)
- Shots on Goal per game (7th)
- Total Assists (7th)
- Total Goals (9th)
- Total Points (6th)
- Five-time Summit League Defensive Player of the Week, goalkeeper Miles Motakef, is second in the league in save percentage (.731) and first in goals-against average (0.98). Motakef is third in goals against (14)
- Reed Berry leads the Summit League in goals scored with 11 and points with 27. Berry is also second in assists with five. Berry ranks 16th in the nation in goals per game.
- Tanguy Guerineau was named Summit League men's athlete of the month for the month of October. Guerineau leads the league in assists with 12. Guerineau leads the nation in total assists and is second in assists per game.
- Dante Brigida leads the Summit League in goals with 11 and is second in points with 24. He ranks 8th in the nation in game-winning goals and 16th in goals per game.
- ORU was tabbed as high as No. 20 according to the United Soccer Coaches Poll this season.
- The Golden Eagles were picked fourth in the Summit League Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is in his seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. Bush has a 50-54-16 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles returned 16 players and added 21 newcomers to the 2019 squad.
- Western Illinois is 4-11-3 on the season and 2-2-1 in Summit League play. The Pioneers defeated Purdue Fort Wayne, 3-1, on November 9 to claim the No. 3 seed.
- The Golden Eagles earned their first program win over Denver, 1-0, this season in Tulsa.
- Last season, the Pioneers won the Summit League Championship and advanced to the NCAA Tournament.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.