ELMHURST, ILL. – Western Illinois' Malachi Adams and North Dakota State's Payton Otterdahl were named The Summit League Men's Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week, while Oral Roberts' Tiffany Richeson earned Women's Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award for their performances during the week of Feb. 14-20.
MALACHI ADAMS, WESTERN ILLINOIS
Fr. // Evanston, Ill.
- Earned his first career Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award
- Won the 60-meter dash with a time of 6.76 seconds at the Orange & Blue Invitational in Champaign, Ill.
- His 60-meter time ranks first in The League this season, and broke a 15-year old school record
PAYTON OTTERDAHL, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // Rosemount, Minn.
- Garnered his first career Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week honor
- Extended his own school-record with a first-place finish weight throw distance of 68' 9.75" (20.97m) at North Dakota Indoor Tune-Up in Grand Forks, N.D.
- Ranks 23rd in the nation and first in The Summit League in the weight throw this season
Also nominated: Zach Anderson, North Dakota State; Matt Owen, Oral Roberts; Alejandro Sanchez, South Dakota State
Sr. // Burlington, Wash.
- Received her first career Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week accolade
- Placed second in the pole vault with a personal-best height of 13' 5" (4.09m) at the Arkansas Qualifier in Fayetteville, Ark.
- Her pole vault mark ranks third in The Summit League and 41st in the nation this season
Also nominated: Katelyn Weimerskirch, North Dakota State; Anna Edet, Omaha; Samara Spencer, South Dakota; Jaymie O'Connor, South Dakota State; Alyssa Johnson, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.