Event: John Jacobs Invitational / Hosted by University of Oklahoma
Location: John Jacobs Track & Field Complex / Norman, Okla.
Complete Results: John Jacobs Invitational
NORMAN, Okla. – As the outdoor season starts to wind down, the Oral Roberts University track and field teams battled solid competition, as well as cold and wet conditions Saturday at the John Jacobs Invitational, hosted by University of Oklahoma.
News & Notes
- Mercy Abire finished fourth in the long jump at 6.13m (20-1.5), which moved her approximately 30 spots in the west region and inside the top 20, nearly solidifying her spot in the NCAA Preliminary Rounds.
- ORU had a pair of top 10 finishes in the men's pole vault, an event in which ORU Head Coach Joe Dial holds both the meet and facility record.
- Joshua Lee continued to impress in the steeplechase, improving in each of the last two races, dropping 10 seconds off his time from Baylor two weeks ago to finish fourth overall.
- Freshman Jordan Baker crushed his season best in the discus, topping his previous best by seven feet.
- In addition to Abire's performance in the long jump, Amaya Christon also excelled in the event, besting her season best by seven inches.
Women's Top 15 Finishers
12th – Cameron Hilliard – 24.89
12th – Madolyn Palodichuk – 1:12.27
4th – Brittany McDonald – 3.65m (11-11.75)
Men's Top 5 Finishers
12th – Aobakwe Malau – 21.79
4th – Joshua Lee – 9:33.45
8th – Austin Simpson – 44.72m (146-09)
15th – Kaleb Presley – 6.50m (21-4)
11th – Jordan Baker – 40.07m (131-5)
ORU will return to the track next weekend in Lawrence, Kansas, for the Rock Chalk Classic, April 29.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook and Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.