Score: Little Rock 66 – Oral Roberts 52
Records: Little Rock (1-2); Oral Roberts (2-2)
Location: Tulsa, Okla. – Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team let a first half lead slip away in the third quarter Tuesday night falling, 66-52, to Little Rock.
Led by 24 points and 10 rebounds from Shanity James, Little Rock rallied in the second half to win their fourth straight game in the series. Little Rock entered Tuesday's game ranked 10th in the College Insider Mid-Major Top 25 as the Trojans hit six second-half three-pointers to overtake the Golden Eagles.
The Golden Eagles were paced offensively by Bria Pitts who finished with 13 points and Dorottya Balla who added 11 points and three boards. Pitts was 1-of-3 from behind the three-point line as ORU was 2-of-9 from three-point range in the loss.
Back-to-back baskets from Sharde' Collins and Shanity James for Little Rock sparked a 17-0 run in the third quarter. The Trojans led by as many as 19 points in the second half after taking the lead with 4:21 left in the third period and never relinquished the lead.
Oral Roberts: Bria Pitts finished with 13 points and four rebounds. Dorottya Balla tallied 11 points and three rebounds.
Little Rock: Shanity James posted a double-double as she scored a game-high 24 points and 10 rebounds.
- ORU led for 17:12 in the game while Little Rock led for 15:29.
- Little Rock outscored ORU in second chance points 13-2.
- Dorottya Balla missed her first free throw of the season as she was 3-of-4 from the line and is now 10-of-11 on the season.
- Both teams combined for 45 turnovers in the game – 19 from Little Rock and 26 by ORU.
- ORU shot 40 percent from the field, but was just 9-of-25 in the second (36%) while Little Rock finished at 41 percent and was 17-of-37 (45.9%) in the second half.
ORU starts a busy road swing as they head to Stillwater Friday for a matchup with Oklahoma State as the Golden Eagles will play three games in five days. Tipoff from Gallagher-Iba Arena scheduled for 5 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.