Score: Michigan 61 – Oral Roberts 44
Records: Michigan (6-0); Oral Roberts (2-4)
Location: Ann Arbor, Mich. – Crisler Arena
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team was unable to finish a second half rally Sunday falling 61-44 at the Unniversity of Michigan in non-conference action.
The Golden Eagles held the Wolverines – who entered averaging 94 points per game – to their lowest point total of the season. UM was also just 1-of-13 from the three-point line; however, ORU shot just 32 percent from the field while Michigan shot 51 percent in the second half.
Siera Thompson led all scorers with 16 points as teammate Hallie Thome finished with 14 points and eight rebounds for Michigan.
Michigan opened the fourth quarter with the first two baskets after ORU had cut the UM lead to 12. The Wolverines Siera Thompson hit a running layup with 7:25 left in the game to put UM up, 55-39,, as they held on for the win.
Oral Roberts: Faith Ihim scored a team-high 10 points and added five rebounds.
Michigan: Siera Thompson scored a game-high 16 points and Hallie Thome added 14 points and eight rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU was 1-of-3 from the free throw line while Michigan finished 10-of-14.
- The Golden Eagles shot 36 percent in the second half after shooting 29 percent in the first half.
- ORU held Michigan to just 1-of-15 from behind the three-point line while going 7-of-28.
- The 61 points by Michigan was the lowest point total of the season. UM entered Sunday averaging 94.4 points per game.
- Sunday was just the second ever meeting between ORU and Michigan.
ORU continues its northern road swing Tuesday as they head to Eastern Michigan. Tipoff against EMU is set for 6 p.m. (CST) and will be broadcast on ESPN3 and the Watch ESPN App.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.