Score: #4 Baylor 97 – Oral Roberts 39
Records: Baylor (11-0); Oral Roberts (2-9)
Location: Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
WACO, Texas – The 4th-ranked Baylor Lady Bears were too much for the Oral Roberts women's basketball team Thursday night taking a 97-39 non-conference victory inside the Ferrell Center.
The Golden Eagles dropped their eighth straight game as the Lady Bears led from start to finish.
Faith Ihim paced the Golden Eagles with her second double-double of the season adding 15 points and 13 boards. Bria Pitts chipped in with 12 points as the only other player to score in double figures.
Nina Davis led Baylor with a game-high 26 points and six rebounds while Niya Johnson added 18 assists in the win.
Baylor jumped out to an early 12-3 and never looked back controlling much of the game. The Lady Bears shot 51 percent from the field in the win.
Oral Roberts: Faith Ihim posted her second double-double with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
Baylor: Nina Davis scored a game-high 26 points and added six rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot a season-low 21 percent from the field.
- Baylor finished with 39 assists while ORU tallied just 10.
- Ihim posted her second double-double of the season and third of her career.
- Baylor's 97 points were the most allowed by ORU since allowing 101 against Baylor last season.
- The eight game losing streak is the longest for ORU since a nine game skid during the 2013-14 season.
ORU closes out non-conference action at Kansas next Tuesday. Tipoff from Allen Fieldhouse is scheduled for 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.