Score: Oral Roberts 70 – Kansas 63
Records: Oral Roberts (3-9); Kansas (5-6)
Location: Lawrence, Kan. – Allen Fieldhouse
LAWRENCE, Kan. – In one of the most complete games this season the Oral Roberts women's basketball team snapped an eight game skid Tuesday night with a 70-63 win over the University of Kansas.
The Golden Eagles knocked off a Big 12 team for the first time since 2004. The win also gave ORU its first win over Kansas in program history.
Behind a career-high 25 points from Kaylan Mayberry the Golden Eagles rallied back from a 41-33 halftime deficit. Mayberry made five three-pointers as ORU hit 10 as a team and had no second half turnovers.
Kansas was led by Kylee Kopatich who posted a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
Kaylan Mayberry nailed a three-pointer with 7:17 left in the game to tie the game at 57-57. After a block from Maria Martianez on the defensive end, Jordan Doyle finished an impressive post move to put the Golden Eagles on top 59-57 with 6:39 remaining. From there ORU never trailed the rest of the quarter finishing off a 70-63 win.
Oral Roberts: Kaylan Mayberry finished with a career-high 25 points while knocking down five three-pointers.
Kansas: Kylee Kopatich posted a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 44 percent from the field and tied a season high 38 percent from behind the three-point arc.
- The Golden Eagles finished with just nine turnovers, one shy of their season-low.
- The win was the first win over a Big 12 opponent since Dec. 4, 2004 when ORU defeated Oklahoma State, 65-61 in overtime.
- It was the first win for ORU this season when trailing at halftime.
- Jordan Doyle scored a season-high 14 points.
ORU will open Summit League action New Year's Day at Western Illinois. Tipoff from Macomb, Ill., is set for 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.