Score: Oral Roberts 52 – IUPUI 47
Records: Oral Roberts (4-10, 1-1 SL); IUPUI (10-5, 1-1 SL)
Location: The Jungle – Indianapolis Ind.
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team showed toughness Sunday afternoon holding on to a 52-47 win over IUPUI in Summit League action.
Kaylan Mayberry finished with a game-high 16 points after going 10-for-12 from the free throw line. Mayberry added five assists and three steals to help seal the win. Faith Ihim pulled down a career-high 16 rebounds while missing a double-double with eight points.
Mayberry and Ihim made eight free throws in the final minute to help seal the win for ORU. The Golden Eagles showed toughness inside as they out-rebounded the Jaguars 47-41.
IUPUI was led by Shaquira Scott who finished with 13 points and six rebounds.
ORU led by 10 points with 8:18 left in the game as IUPUI chipped away at the lead. However IUPUI could never regain the lead getting within a point twice in the final 2:04 of the game. Mayberry and Ihim both made eight free throws combined in the final minute to help seal the win as the Golden Eagles finished 14-of-16 from the line.
Oral Roberts: Kaylan Mayberry scored a game-high 16 points and added five assists. Faith Ihim scored eight points and pulled in 16 rebounds.
IUPUI: Shaquira Scott tallied 13 points and added six boards.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 28 percent from the field while IUPUI shot 29 percent from the field.
- The Golden Eagles won the rebounding battle 47-41 for just the third time this season.
- ORU held an opponent under 50 points for the second time this season after holding Evangel to 46 points in the season opener.
- Faith Ihim pulled down a career-best 16 rebounds. It was the first time an ORU player had 15 or more rebounds since Vicky McIntyre pulled down 18 vs. South Dakota State in the Summit League Semifinals.
- Kaylan Mayberry finished with a game-high 16 points to lead ORU in scoring for a third consecutive game. It was the six time this season she has led ORU in scoring and 13th in her career.
ORU returns to the Mabee Center for its Summit League home opener Wednesday against South Dakota. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.