Score: Oral Roberts 65 – Denver 33
Records: Oral Roberts (9-10, 6-1 SL); Denver (4-16, 2-5)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team ran its winning streak to six in a row Saturday afternoon with a dominant 65-33 win over the University of Denver.
The Golden Eagles held the Pioneers to just four points in the third quarter and 18 in the second half. ORU also finished with 16 steals – the second most this season – and forced 22 turnovers, both Summit League highs.
ORU finished with three players in double figures led by Kaylan Mayberry's 15 points and Maria Martianez who added 14. Faith Ihim was just short of a double-double joining the group with 10 points and seven boards.
Denver was led by Paige Bradley who scored 14 points and made both of the Pioneers' three-pointers. DU was 2-of-11 from behind the arc and shot just 31 percent from the field.
Heading into the second quarter tied 10-10, Denver opened the quarter with a three-pointer to take a brief lead. However, ORU responded with a 17-2 run to finish a first half that was capped by a three-pointer at the buzzer from Kaylan Mayberry. The trey pushed the Golden Eagle lead to 27-15 to start the rout.
Oral Roberts: Kaylan Mayberry finished with 15 points, two assists and three rebounds. Maria Martianez added 14 points and four rebounds.
Denver: Paige Bradley tallied 14 points to lead Denver.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU held Denver to just 33 points in the game narrowly missing the single-game record for fewest points allowed. (29 – Bacone – Nov. 29, 2003)
- The 32 point win was the second largest win for ORU this season and the largest in Summit League play since a 40 point (102-62) win over IPFW on Jan. 23, 2012.
- The 16 steals for ORU was the most during Summit League play and second most this season.
- The Golden Eagles have won six straight games for the first time since winning 12 straight from Dec. 29, 2010-Feb. 7, 2011.
- Kaylan Mayberry crossed the 500 point mark for her career and now has 509 total points.
- Ashley Beatty crossed the 100 point mark for her career and now has 104 total points.
The Golden Eagles continue their homestand in a battle of first place teams when they host South Dakota State on Wednesday. Tipoff from the Mabee Center is set for 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.