Score: Oral Roberts 50 – South Dakota State 68
Records: Oral Roberts (9-11, 6-2 SL); South Dakota State (17-4, 7-1 SL)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – A cold night from the field was too much for the Oral Roberts women's basketball team to overcome Wednesday falling 68-50 to South Dakota State.
The Golden Eagles saw their six-game win streak come to an end in a battle between two of the three first place teams in The Summit League. The visiting Jackrabbits held ORU to 25 percent shooting while they shot 40 percent and only committed five turnovers – a season low for an ORU opponent.
Jordan Doyle finished with 11 points while Maria Martianez added seven points and 14 boards in the loss. Faith Ihim narrowly missed a double-double tallying nine points and nine rebounds while also going 5-of-5 from the free throw line.
SDSU saw three players finish in double figures led by Ellie Thompson with a game-high 16 points. Macy Miller added 13 points and six rebounds for the Jackrabbits while Clarissa Ober scored 12.
Clarissa Ober hit a three-pointer to begin the second quarter putting SDSU up 13-9 and started an 11-4 run while taking a 27-23 lead into the locker room at intermission. The Jackrabbits opened the game up in the third quarter when they used a 9-2 run to take an 11 point lead before leading by as many as 17 points midway through the fourth quarter.
Oral Roberts: Jordan Doyle finished with 11 points while Maria Martianez added seven points and 14 boards.
South Dakota State: Ellie Thompson finished with 16 points and six boards while Macy Miller added 13 points and six rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU was held below 30 percent shooting for the third time this season and the second lowest on the year. Baylor held ORU to 21 percent from the field on December 17.
- ORU won the rebounding battle 47-37 for the second straight game and just the third time by 10 or more rebounds this season.
- Jordan Doyle was the lone player to score in double figures for ORU for the second time this season.
- Maria Martianez finished with a season-high 14 rebounds.
- The loss snaps a six-game winning streak for ORU and gives SDSU a 10-6 lead in the all-time series.
The Golden Eagles continue their homestand Saturday as they host IUPUI. Tipoff from the Mabee Center is set for 2 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.